Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Dollar Hasn't Bounced

by James TurkFounder of GoldMoney
"I first presented the following chart with its downward pointing arrow in my alert on November 11, 2007, and made the following observation. "When taken together, the eerie calm as the dollar collapses and the arrow in the above chart pointing to the building downside momentum suggest that the dollar is nowhere near its final low....

One can only conclude that these are not normal circumstances. In other words, I think we have reached the 'tipping point'.
More people want out of the dollar than those who are willing to hold it. The final collapse of the dollar begins now. It will I expect play out over the next three to six months, culminating in a major dollar crisis.
I have been waiting for two events in particular to signal that the final collapse of the dollar had begun. One was for the Dollar Index to make a new record low by breaking below 78.30, which it did just a few weeks before I drew the arrow in the above chart last November. The other event was for gold to break above $1,000, which I anticipated would happen this year. Gold did briefly break above $1,000 last month before being beaten back down below that much-watched level by the gold cartel. I recommend reading the article in the current issue of Investor's Digest by John Embry of Sprott Asset Management describing this brief encounter with $1,000...."

No comments: