Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scratch a New Aquaintance and Find–A Caregiver! | Inside Aging Parent Care

Scratch a New Aquaintance and Find–A Caregiver! | Inside Aging Parent Care: "I’ve read the stats.  I know that there are 44,000,000 caregivers of aging parents and other relatives over the age of 50 out there.  And I know this number is growing every day.  But I’m still surprised when some weeks it seems like everyone I meet is a caregiver."

Norton's comment: Yes, this is a financial issue. And our culture is NOT setup to care for family since our families are typically dispersed around the Country. And the illusion continues to be marketed that our adult children are independent, self-sufficient, and besides parents are out of date, not in touch with the new world.....really? And who will care for our g-children when both parents are working long hours? We the chips are down, who will cover your back?

No comments: