Sunday, November 6, 2011

Practical Steps for Creating a Self-Sustainable Home | James J Puplava CFP | FINANCIAL SENSE

Practical Steps for Creating a Self-Sustainable Home | James J Puplava CFP | FINANCIAL SENSE

The following transcript comes from a recent interview with Nicole Foss covering a wide range of practical steps and considerations for maintaining a fully or partially-sustainable home. The full audio interview can be accessed here.

Jim Puplava: Joining me on the program is Nicole Foss from the Automatic Earth and Nicole you recently did a video and it is called How I Prepared My Family for Peak Oil. I thought we would start our discussion today because I think one of the factors that we are starting to see right now, with oil prices at $90 in a weak recession along with high unemployment, is we are starting to see the effects of peak oil because you kind of wonder why we are at close to $90 given such weakness. Now some may say that is speculation but, putting that aside for now, I would like to talk about what you did to prepare your family. Now as I understand it Nicole, you sold your house in England in the 1990’s and you bought a farm in Ontario and lets talk about what you did as you discovered peak oil to get your family and prepare for it, what did you do first?..."

No comments: