Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gold Stocks in a Failing Fiat Currency | FINANCIAL SENSE

Gold Stocks in a Failing Fiat Currency | FINANCIAL SENSE:
by David Galland Fri Dec. 17, 2010
"I have been agonizing about getting metal after dumping paper metal I held and was reading the Daily Dispatch looking for investment clues. I was pondering the ratios of thirds that you mentioned in a recent Dispatch and the pursuing of metal stocks when an issue occurred to me that was not mentioned.

On the one hand, you discuss the dollar trap of investors running from one currency to another, away from the dollar and back to it. I fear that the dollar is doomed as are other fiat currencies, and time is getting short. So the question that came to mind is, what happens if one is invested in metal stocks or any vehicle that is denominated in a fiat currency, and that currency goes bust, blotto?...more"

No comments: